9/12/17

breeze

I promised myself I wouldn't come back here, but I should know better than to trust my emotions on a whim.


today as I was driving home from work, I saw a familiar sky. light blue mixed with the yellow of the setting sun, purple clouds in the distance from the incoming dark. windows rolled down, riding 70 on a 55, paul's dreamy voice flowing from the speakers, soft autumn breeze flowing into my space. I felt the end of the summer and the anticipation of winter all at once. I felt the ghost of my younger self, flying on the high of a new semester, new beginnings. I felt acceptance for unrequited like, I felt the finality of burdens that may be gone but will never be forgotten. more than anything else, I felt hope for the future approaching slowly but surely from the horizon.

I breathe in the end of the summer and enter the fall with a sigh and a prayer for a new beginning.